Who Am I?

Well, inquisitive reader, let me answer. I am a wife, a mom and I have chronic bad hair. I like made uppy words and Unnecessary Capitalization. If you know who the guy in the bottom right picture is, you're probably my best friend. Also, I own several Edward dolls which I write about HERE. No, I don't use drugs. By the way, if your love canned tomatoes, visit my stash HERE.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day Ee-lev-ohn. NaNoWriMo and South Beach

If I fall asleep whilst writing this post, forgive me, kind reader.  It's been a very long day.

NaNoWriMo:  Week two kicks your butt.  Or maybe it's just my butt that's feeling kicks.  I mean, I'm doing ok word wise.  It's just the daily set a side time to write is going to be uber challenging for me because I'm also working a million hours this week.  (Woot for employment!)  It took me all day to finally sit at the computer to bust out a scene or two.

Also, I feel like I've just crested this immense hill that my main character had to summit.  And I'm totally scared to read what I wrote in fear that I'll read it and say, "man, my writing totally sucks rocks".  So I'm just going to keep writing without revising anything, lest I quit in throws of desperation for how much I suck as a writer.  Where is Stephen King when I need to ask him questions?

This is what I was thinking today as I was mopping the floors at my job:  what makes a writer?

I mean, here I am, writing.  Does that make me a writer? What about when I write a grocery list or a rent check.  Am I a writer?  Do I have to be published to be called a writer?  I've not had the pleasure of publishing, aside from the daily PUBLISH POST action I do when I post these little novels of drivel.  It's mind boggling.  And you know what I decided whilst all that mopping?  This:  I've got to buy a Swiffer.

South Beach Diet:  Today's temptation:  Bagel chips.  Also, I made sushi rice krispies for work and had to pretend that cockroaches had crawled on them so I didn't cram them into my cheeks like a squirrel.  Also, my Hubs deliberately coughed all over something that was making us jones for carbs.  He knows just what to do, man.  So, weight loss stands at 10 lbs.  I wore a shirt that used to fit like sausage casing earlier this year and was happy to see that today, it fit normal.  Although it's still the color of sausage casing, which makes me think I need to rethink my wardrobe colors.  So, lots of victories, both in the conquering temptations, weight loss and wearing nicely fitting shirts.  Sweet.  And thank God that the first two weeks are almost up.

I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Kelly L. said...

Congrats on A) writing your novel! I am so jealous. and B) losing 10 pounds, of which I'm also jealous even though I have... err... HAD lost 25 pounds, 4 of which I've gained back in less than 2 weeks.

Keep it up. Both things. I need to read your book one day and maybe that will inspire me to write my own. I need ideas.

I want to use a girl named Eden... Drive. Eden Drive. I don't know. I just like the name Eden.

Unknown said...

First things first - I have Swiffer wet jet and it rocks my socks.

Second things seconds - I want sushi. Real sushi. And then, when it's gone, I want Rice Krispie treat sushi.

Third things third - You are kicking NaNo's butt. I am already totally burnt out. But I keep chugging because I see my awesome NaNo peeps (ie YOU) chugging along, and it renews my chug when my chug needs renewing.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Congratulations on the ten girly! That's awesome!

Hey you funny thing... I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card. :)

Desiree Lynn said...

Congrats on both accounts! I'm very jealous of both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails