I like lists. So there.
1. Chemo is finally over. That tremor you felt was me jumping for joy.
2. Although, that fact that it's over didn't hit me until today. Let's throw a party.
3. My hairs are growing back. Just a wee bit. Just enough that when I walk really fast, they kind of blow around. I feel like I have a Chia Head.
4. I shall soon be getting rid of these blasted expanders. I shall not cry when they leave my body. Nosirree.
5. For three weeks, my right eye watered constantly. It was a chemo side effect. So I rubbed my eye to remove said water. This means, for three weeks I had no make up on my right eye.
6. I practically reek of class and sex appeal.
7. You know the one benefit to chemo? Besides adding years to my life, of course. I only had to shave my legs once a month. I know. Feel free to be jealous.
8. I met Kiersten White, author of Paranormalcy last weekend. She signed on my copy of her book "You're bleeping awesome", which I'm pretty sure she signed on everyone's copy. But still. I felt pretty bleeping awesome.
9. I have to drive some friends to the airport in a few minutes. It's very late at night. And I am var var tired. Therefore, I shall sing R&B songs var var loudly to stay awake. I'm feeling the TLC "No Scrubs" vibe tonight.
10. NaNoWriMo is coming up. Remember that little novel thingy I'm working on? Well. What if I told you I was going to work on it some more. Would you believe me? Yeah. I wouldn't believe me either. You know me so well, reader.
11. I've made Christmas presents for almost everyone already. Keep feeling jealous, people.
12. I think I need a tattoo.
13. I discovered this week that the lady at the Chick Fil A drive thru window knows who I am now. I was like, 70%/30% proud/embarrassed. Apparently, I eat out a bit too much.
14. A friend of mine emailed me saying she was going to sing at a fundraiser concert for the Susan G. Komen foundation and wanted to know what songs inspired me whilst I dealt with this cancer biz. I was like "Paper Planes by MIA? Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People?" Ok, so I admit my musical tastes are lacking in the inspirational department.
15. I had a milkshake about an hour ago. Which means in about an hour I am going to be hating life. Why do I make these choices, I ask you?
I shall go drink some Diet Coke now, lest I fall asleep driving.
Nighty night, my fine readers.
Things They Can’t Say
2 days ago